Sunday, June 05, 2005

And why blog?

Well, that's easily answered.

Ready for it, O my probably nonexistent reader?

Because.

Alright, so you want the not-so-easy answer. I don't know, some people are never satisfied.

The plain truth: I kept thinking about blogging and deciding not to. Then I looked at just why I was deciding not to, and that wouldn't do.

Because I wouldn't have anything to post? Well, we all know how that one turns out. Back to the old self-fulfilling prophecy, the anodyne certainty of failure. I have quite enough of that already, thank you very much.

Because I already have a LiveJournal and use that? I end up locking most of the posts. I have a very nice and friendly clique there, but it's always the same set thereof.

Because all the cool kids are doing it? Bah. Self-parodying evasion of perceived coolth is so 2002[1]. Or, indeed, whenever.

So, let's see what we can do with this.

Oh, and the choice of a minimalist black theme? It probably won't stay that way, but it's functional, it's neat, and I really don't feel like messing around with pleasant eye-soothing greys and browns at the moment.

[2]

[1] I've been doing too much LPC coding recently, I read that as an array index. But I can assure you, O my reader, that this is in fact a footnote, and the purpose is to mention that the year 2002 was pulled purely from the aether. I've been doing that much longer.

[2] This is a footnote attached to nothing, because footnotes look really odd with nothing to go beneath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home